A moist and soft chicken meets crispy toasted nuts. Anyone who has visited a Thai restaurant has probably tried this menu and surely loved it. Yes, it is an authentic Thai dish called ‘Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts” or “Gai pad med mamuang himmapan”
We’re about to tell you how to cook this dish at home! So, seek no more: here it is
1. Chicken breast/or tenderloin 200 g. (cut into bite-size cubes)
2. All-purpose flour 1 tablespoon
3. Cooking oil 1/3 cup
4. Chopped garlic 1 tablespoon
5. Sliced yellow onions 1/2 cup
6. Dried red chilies 1/3 cup
7. Raw cashew nuts 1/2 cup
8. Fresh long red chili peppers, thinly julienned 1/3 cup
9. Fresh banana chili peppers, cut into thin long strips 1/3 cup
10. Spring onions, cut into 2.5 cm strips 1/3 cup
1. Light soy sauce 1 tablespoon
2. Dark soy sauce 1/2 tablespoon
3. Oyster sauce 1/2 tablespoon
4. Ground white pepper 1/4 teaspoon
5. Pinch of Salt
6. Pinch of sugar
7. Stock or water 3 tablespoons
1. Mix all the seasoning and set aside
2. Deep fry the cashew nuts until golden brown and set aside on paper towels to absorb the oil
3. Fry the dried chillies until crispy and shiny and set aside on paper towels with cashew nuts
4. Roll the chicken cubes in flour, then deep fry the chicken with medium -high heat till the chicken turns golden, then set them aside.
5. Wipe the pan, add new cooking oil (about 2 tablespoons).
6. Add chopped garlic just until aromatic, then add sliced yellow onions. Stir fry till the onions becom translucent.
7. Add fried chicken, chashew nuts, dried chillies to the pan.
8. Add the seasoning sauce and stir fry all together till everything is thoroughly coated with sauce.
9. Add spring onions, fresh chillies, stir fry a bit till everything is mixed together.
10. Serve with cooked Thai rice.
Try the recipe at home, and let us know how it turns out!
Hope you enjoy Thai food at home!